Saturday, October 24, 2009

Origins of Our Reunion


In the rush of the last-minute preparations, I asked core planner Mike Adelson how our reunion came about in the first place. I knew that as late as early April, no one had stepped up to the plate. And I knew how much work it took, because in March, a handful of us (inexperienced) F68 classmates looked into it - and dropped the idea. So, here's Mike's very short history of how it came to be:

It was Nancy and me at the graduation ceremonies at ATT Park for the '09

grads this year. They allowed any year multiple of 0 or 5 of your grad year

to walk with the current grads, so I sat next to Nancy and we decided we

better do something because no one else was going to. We called Russ later

to help. My job was to find the venue, and that is what I did and made the

deal with the restaurant. Nancy did the accounting and name lists and

emailing etc. Terry at the LAA was very helpful also. Russ and Katie had

great ideas. Everyone had been very helpful. This thing was put together in

a hurry.


Mike


Thank you, Mike, Nancy, and Russ!

So you can see why Mike, Nancy, and Russ earned very special gifts. Speaking of their gifts, many thanks to everyone who chipped in $5 or more to cover the cost of the gifts. The cost was covered quickly - donations came so thick and fast, in fact, that I lost track of who gave what, which I'm sorry about - and I know many more would have contributed had they known about it (it was a secret!).

On the very bright side, the tidal wave of donations covered the gifts plus $50 more, which I mailed this week to the Lowell Alumni Association on behalf of the Classes of F68, S69, and F69.

Thank you, one and all, for your overwhelming generosity.

~Pat Soberanis, F68



No comments:

Post a Comment